UK Visa Application: How to Apply for UK Visa
Are you planning to immigrate to UK?
Do you need to apply for UK Visa?
Do you need to work or examine in UK?
This article have detailed info on how to apply and get UK Visa.
If you might be planning to journey to the United Kingdom for schooling, tourism, enterprise, or to reside and work, and also you have no idea how to get your visa, don’t worry any longer. We have put collectively this detailed information to the UK visa utility that can make your visa utility loads simpler.
Before you may start the appliance course of you will want to familiarise your self with the various kinds of visas so that you select the fitting one and guarantee you’ve gotten an worldwide passport that’s legitimate for a minimum of 1 month after your meant keep within the United Kingdom. You can simply apply for your passport on-line or on the nearest immigration workplace.
Please examine your eligibility earlier than starting the appliance course of and submitting your utility properly upfront of flight departure. Once you’ve gotten your visa, all that’s left to do is pack your baggage!
Which UK Visa do I Need?
The most typical UK visa is the Standard Visitor Visa (Tourist Visa). The Visitor Visa is issued for a brief keep of up to 6 months. This visa will permit you to go to mates and family members, go on a vacation or trip, examine, conduct enterprise, attend conferences and coaching programmes, or transit by way of the nation (if you can be staying for greater than 48 hours).
The Standard Visitor Visa has changed the Family Visitor / General Visitor / Child Visitor / Business Visitor / Sports Visitor / Entertainer Visitor / Prospective Entrepreneur visa.
Find detailed details about the Standard Visitor Visa.
UK Visa Requirements
- A legitimate worldwide passport with a web page that’s clean on each side
- Completed visa utility type (that is stuffed in on-line)
- One passport photograph that meets the necessities
- Visa payment
- Proof of funds (e.g. unique financial institution assertion that isn’t older than three months)
- Confirmation of lodging and flight bookings
- A a call for participation in case you are being sponsored by a pal or member of the family
- Original marriage certificates in case you are travelling along with your partner
- Birth certificates for your kids in case you are travelling collectively
- Recent utility payments
- If you might be travelling for enterprise you will want to embody: a a call for participation/affirmation of coaching/affirmation of convention; and full particulars for an authorised consultant out of your firm and their contact particulars.
Note: A constant revenue of about ₦200,00zero and above is taken into account a protected quantity. Anything much less and the embassy might discover it arduous to belief that you’ll return to Nigeria.
You may embody supporting documents to strengthen your utility.
How to Apply for UK Visa
Step 1: Register a consumer account on the GOV.UK web site. You will even give you the chance to double examine what sort of visa you will want for your journey on the web site.
Step 2: Fill out the appliance type, pay the visa payment, and guide an appointment at a Visa Application Centre (see under). You will obtain an e mail confirming your appointment and what paperwork you will want to take alongside. You will even be given a GWF quantity which you will want for the subsequent step.
Step three: Register your particulars on the TLScontact website. If you don’t register, you’ll not be allowed to attend your appointment. You can observe your utility on the TLScontact web site after you’ve gotten registered.
Step four: Attend your appointment and submit your biometrics at a UK Visa Application Centre. To keep away from any delays within the utility course of you must deliver alongside the next:
- Your unique passport
- Printed copies of your on-line utility type and appointment affirmation
- Receipt of cost of visa charges
- All the required paperwork as said above
- Supporting paperwork
Important: Your visa payment will not be refundable after you’ve gotten submitted your biometrics. You should additionally guarantee you aren’t late for your appointment. If you might be late, your utility course of could also be delayed as you should have to rebook your appointment.
Step 5: Wait for your visa utility to be processed. You can be in a position to observe your visa utility on the TLScontact web site.
Step 6: Collect your passport on the specified Visa Application Centre. You can be notified when it’s prepared for assortment.
According to TLScontact, “Children under 5 years old are now required to attend the Visa Application Centre in order for them to have their photo taken at the centre. Please note that minors are not allowed to submit applications by themselves, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.”
UK Visa Fees
The value of a Standard Visitor Visa is at the moment about $125. The UK visa charges are totally different for every visa class. These could be discovered on the GOV.UK web site.
UK Visa Application Submission
UK visa purposes could be submitted at one of many Visa Application Centres from Monday to Friday, between eight:30 and 16:30, besides on public holidays.
The earliest you may apply for a UK visa is three months earlier than your meant departure date.
UK Visa Processing
Visa utility processing can take 4 to six working days. However, some visa purposes can take up to 30 days if paperwork are lacking or they require particular consideration due to crime or a historical past of rejection.
UK Visa Collection
You can be in a position to gather your passport and visa between 10:00 and 16:00 from Monday to Friday (besides public holidays). You can be alerted by way of an SMS when your utility has been despatched to the UK Embassy on the submission day, and you can be alerted when your passport arrives again on the UK Application Centre and is prepared for assortment.
You will want to deliver copies of your utility paperwork, an unique photographic ID, and a replica of the biodata web page in your passport.
Note: Someone else can’t gather your paperwork in your behalf, besides in case you are a authorities consultant, a guardian amassing for your baby or kids, or you might be amassing on behalf of your loved ones for those who utilized collectively.
UK Visa Rejection
The most typical causes for UK visas being rejected are:
- Submitting false paperwork
- The applicant has obtained a deportation order
- The applicant was discovered responsible of a criminal offense that warrants 4 years or extra of jail time
- Withholding documentation of a prison background
- Insufficient funds
- Overstaying a earlier go to to the United Kingdom
- Submitting fraudulent paperwork on a earlier journey to the United Kingdom
- Not complying with all the appliance necessities
- Lack of a legitimate passport or journey paperwork
- Invalid motive for wanting to go to the United Kingdom
Using a visa service is beneficial in case you are not sure in regards to the course of and necessities. It will value further however gives you peace of thoughts that every part is so as.
You won’t be refunded for those who miss your appointment or your visa utility is rejected.